Pooler, Ga. (WTGS) — Pooler Fire Chief Wade Simmons said an early morning fire in Pooler on Sunday damaged the future location of the city's Chamber of Commerce building.
The building located on West Collins and South Chestnut Streets started on fire around 4:30 a.m.
Simmons said fire officials found flames and smoke coming from the second floor and side of the building. He said it doesn't appear to be suspicious at this time.
The building was currently being used as a woman's photography studio, but by 2018, was going to go under major renovations for the Chamber of Commerce.
Simmons said he doesn't believe this fire will hinder much of that progress.